Tomorrow, I am delivering a workshop to faculty at Seminole State College on the subject of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and its Use and Impact in the College Classroom. This is a hot topic and an emerging issue is scholarship and practice. Download my presentation material.
The following are my key strategic recommendations for any faculty preparing to teach using social media:
- Facilitate learning through social engagement and interaction
- Respect privacy and encourage transparency
- Promote civility and reduce timidity
- Teach the technology and be open to learning about the technology
- Use the technology but do not force the technology